Aama Milan Kendra (Mothers Club)
Baglung, western Nepal
1. Introduction and Background
Founded in 1975, Aama Milan Kendra Baglung (AMK Baglung), popularly known as Mother’s Club is a Nepalese organization dedicated to the cause of women’s rights, health and dignity. It is a pioneering, women-focused Non government organization working for the development and empowerment particularly of underprivileged women. AMK Baglung is a not-for-profit making, non-governmental and non-political organization established Gandaki Providence Baglung District Westren of Nepal.
AMK Baglung legally registered at the Baglung District Administration Office as an independent, non-governmental, non-political and not for profit making organization with the aim of improving lives of poor and marginalized women/girls of rural part of Western Nepal by empowering them and increasing their access to justice, public services, resource mobilization and decision making process at all levels. It is affiliated to Social Welfare Council and NGO Federation of Nepal.
Most of NGO having long experience and Expertise in the field of reproductive health and maternal, adolescent and child health and Education. It has a long (almost two decades) working experience with Marginalized community people to Different Thematic Issues on Baglung District. It has been carrying out various activities including, study, documentation, capacity building, Social Mobilization and dialogue with concerned stakeholders on the thematic Issues.
Since its inception, the AMK Baglung has been working to end discrimination and violence against women in the rural areas. In addition, it has also work done health rights providing free services to migrant spouse and HIV positive, and making local bodies accountable to support the HIV/AIDS infected persons and prevent the risk of spreading AIDS in the region. AMK has close Coordination Local CBOs Specially, Right Action Nepal and Concern Stakeholders.
2. VMGO of the Organization
The Vision of the AMK Baglung is the Poverty and Discrimination free society through Social Mobilization.
The Mission of the AMK Baglung is
- To promote society with social justice, dignity and Democracy to disadvantaged and vulnerable people.
- To Educate and Empower women, girl, child Socio-economically environmentally work on peaceful self reliance society.
To the Goals
- Facilitate to share equitable and sustainable human development to the women, and childhood and Poor group.
- Effective and Accountable Facilitate to empower vulnerable group woman, children and disadvantage people through Social Mobilization.
- Facilitate to increase accessibilities of vulnerable people, women and child to increase standard of life through improvement of socio economic condition.
To the AMK Objective is
- Improve life standard of disadvantaged and vulnerable people through Social Mobilization Networking and Partnership.
- to organize and mobilize the like-minded individuals and Organizations for access to Social Peaceful Justice.
- Create the suitable environment for vulnerable people, women and children and maintain their right of economical, education, health and Sustainable development .
- Conduct needs-based program and help them about reproductive health, safe motherhood, maternity health, HIV and Aids for vulnerable people, woman, and most at risk population mobilization of all the resource for disadvantaged people .
- To Contribute towards addressing the Issues of women, girl, health, education economical, Socil rights through social mobilization at the grassroots development.
- To work for the elimination of ill practices of the society like caste-based discrimination, gender-based discrimination, and child development and Senior citizen to Improve their life.
- to access and increase the marginalized peoples, access to Justice and Improve the Publice service delivery.
- Organizational Capaciety and structure:
The AMK Baglung was established by women and is led by an energetic and committed group of women. Currently, who have been working in the field of women rights and Marginalized People two decades. it has been good team effect management of the Project. . It has very experienced and thematic experts in its advisory board. The AMK baglung strength capacity on experience and Expertise of the Project management and Intervention at the Baglung District. AMK Lead different National and Local networking on the concern issues.
The AMK Baglung women general members and has formed inclusive Executive Board of Nine Members. In the Executive Board, four members including the Chair are from ethnic community, General Secretary and another one member from Dalit community and remaining five represent Bramhan-Kshatri community. The Executive Board holds its regular meeting in three months In the meeting, board members discuss the plan and progress of the organization and provide feedback, suggestions and guidance to the Secretariat. General Assembly of the organization is held in every year.
To operate its activities, the AMK Baglung has currently a small team of three persons at the Secretariat. The Secretariat seeks funding and conducts activities in coordination with the Executive Board.
The organization has a wide network of resource persons and professionals, who contribute to the organization, voluntarily or on a paid basis, as per the requirement. It also mobilizes volunteers in its activities if need be.
4. Focused Group of Aama Milan Kendra Baglung :
Most at risk population of Baglung (MARPs)
Aama Milan Kendra ( AMK ) ,Baglung
a. Areas of Recognition :
-On 5 October 2015, AMK was awarded with the Certificate of Excellence by NGO Federation of Nepal in recognition of the Good Institutional Governance and Management practice maintained in the organization.
-In 2013, AMK was awarded with the Appreciation Certificate on USAID Funded HIV Positive Prevention Program by USAIDFHI 360 Nepal.
-In 2004, AMK Baglung Chair Ms. GyanuThapa Magar was awarded Certificate of Appreciationin recognition of here significant contribution to the Maternal Neonatal Health Nepal Program1998-2003 by CEDPA, JOHNSHOPKINS andJHPIEGO.
-in 2020 AMK chairs Ms. Gyani devi Thapa magar Nomination of N-Peace awards plz visit google.